ECO-Optimized BraCups by MUEHLMEIER
Green sustainability strategies are becoming the key factor for the consumers’ buying decisions on the Lingerie & Swim Marketplace. You have the great potential to differentiate from your competitor ecologically. You sell good conscience and reduce the ecological footprint of our industry.
The German Engineers of Breastshaping have developed their ECO-Optimized BraCup Strategy consisting of 4 key strategies:
- To improve the possibility of recycling by flexible BraCup Removables for easy recollection
- To increase the share of organic resources in the BraCup products to improve biodegradability [as in M-TEC® Coffee POWER BraCups]
- To develop the "One-Material" product development strategy for recollection and upcycling [Polyester as a serious possibility]
- Enlarging the share of recycled synthetic fibre to reduce sea plastic waste and to reduce the use of new fossil resources [to avoid new CO2 emissions]
FASHION CHANGERS! Explore together to achieve the new sustainable material-base!
One key criteria of every recycling process is that the different material components can be separated easily without incurring major costs. MUEHLMEIER offers a cost-effective and easy-to-handle solution for sustainable Swim-, Beach- and Activewear: The new M-TEC® Removable BraCups. The range has been professionalized and extended to all classical BraCup shapes. Regularly they will be available on the basis of Recycled PES or organic-based materials.
- Easy removing from product and recollection for recycling
- New: All main BraCup shapes are offered as removable
- Predestined for individual and flexible "In & Out use"
Biodegradability of fabrics is largely determined by the amount of chemicals used in the textile-life-cycle. Typically the more chemicals used, the longer it takes to biodegrade. And the more costs for the environment and the human community are evolving. The great potential of coffee grounds, from huge coffee brewing residues, powers ecologically by upcycling into synthetics with improved biodegradability. In addition, these Coffee POWER synthetics stand out with exceptional performance features:
- UV-Protection, by long-lasting natural and chemical-free shield
- ECO-friendly and wellness. Quick Dry Function, for cooler feel during activity
- Lasting Odor Control, no Wash-out Effect
A fully recyclable and eco-friendly "One-Material" bra consisting completely out of 100% recyclable PES would be a big step forward. With the M-TEC® White & P.U.R.E. BraCup, made from 100% polyester, MUEHLMEIER takes the first step towards this "One-Material-Concept".
- Recyclable for "One-Material-Bra-Concept"
- White-Stability and free of foam
- The BraCup core is made of 100% PES U.U-Fibre or recycled polyester fibre
- High breathability and heat regulation
The M-TEC® BraCup with cover fabric made from 100% recycled polyester is the highlight in this range. With a total weight of 11 g for a Strap Cup (without PushUp) the cover fabric accounts for 8 g of the total weight. This means that in average 70% of the cup is made from recycled polyester. Quite a huge step to reduce the ecological footprint for BraCups and reduce sea plastic waste.