MUEHLMEIER is ambitiously developing opportunities to use sustainable fibres and foams for its innovative BraCup components. Target is to have at least 50% ECO-Optimized products in the BraCup collection by 2022 and to make a substantial contribution to a circular economy.
Based on the Principles of Circular Economy, MUEHLMEIER works on technical cycles like recycling, upcycling and cradle-to-cradle, and looks into the technical side of potential solutions to give a base for the customers to design products that can be easily maintained, reused, refurbished and upcycled.
But beyond that, MUEHLMEIER also looks into the biological cycles like biodegradability or “energy from waste” to develop BraCups that can be brought back into the natural system to give back ideally its energy as fertilizer.
Hand in hand with our ecological responsible customers, who want to ECO-optimize their Bras and Tops, MUEHLMEIER strives to achieve a new sustainable material-base and to develop sustainable products to reduce the ecological footprint of the fashion industry!
We offer several product strategies of sustainable advancement:
1. "Removable to Recycle" Strategy
- M-TEC® Removable BraCups
- All main M-TEC® BraCup shapes are possible
- Easy removal from bra and recollection for recycling
- Predestined for individual and flexible "In & Out use"
2. „One-Material-Upcycling PolyesterFibre“ Strategy
- M-TEC® One-Material Polyester FibreFill BraCups
- With the material innovation of 100% recycled core (PES) and cover material (PES) we can offer a 100% recycled cup!
- New vertical FibreFill structure – in 100% recycled Polyester available!
- Improved washability
- Much softer handfeel
3. „Organic Resources“ Strategy
- M-TEC® Coffee Power BraCups
- The foam consists of 25% polymerized coffee oil and the cover fabric is made from 84% Bio polyester based on coffee grounds
- Quick Dry Function, for a cooler feel during activity
- Lasting Odor Control, with no Wash-out Effect
- UV-Protection, by a long-lasting natural and chemical-free shield
- M-TEC® Biobased Latex BraCups
- The foam consists of 96% natural latex that is retrieved from rubber trees
- Biobased and potentially also biodegradable
- Renewable and sustainable raw material
- High breathability, soft and light foam for maximum wearing comfort
4. „Recycle to Reduce the use of new fossils“ Strategy
- M-TEC® BraCups with Sustainable Cover Fabric
- Start your ecological approach with your proven PU foam Cup by using 100% recycled polyester cover fabric, that means 70% of the BraCup weight consists of recycled polyester
- Alternatively with GOTS-certified cotton, Tencel, Bamboo fabric and coffee fabric
- New M-TEC® ECO Spacer BraCups
- made from 50% recycled PES